Thursday, February 15, 2007

Muffin Top

(originally posted 11/8/06)
Muffin Top

Is it normal to have gained 53 lbs by 6th week of pregnancy? I am kidding but only sort of- doc told me to try not to gain before week 13 so I have this evil mindset that I am already waaaay too fat. My *sniff, sniff* paper denim and cloth jeans are giving me the worst, most uncomfortable muffin top in America - and I have seen some particularly uncomfortable-looking muffin tops. I don't have a pregnant belly (which I imagine will be pretty hard and round?) yet, I just look like I have been munching on pizza and icecream all day and night (not too far from the truth, lady!). No, actually I have eaten remarkably healthy so far, especially since this is my "hall-pass" to eat as much of whatever I want whenever I want. For instance, yesterday I ate French toast with raisins, cranberries and walnuts for breakfast, blueberry apple granola cereal and a banana for lunch, 5 whole wheat melba toasts with whipped chive cream cheese, a pickle, and a soy chai for snack, and a salad with sliced steak for dinner. That's pretty good, I think, especially when I want to devour a tower of nachos with beef and cheese at every meal.
But still, I feel like when I sit around the house, well... I am sure you know what I mean.
And I am trying to work out, I mean it, I am! Dan is very anti-me doing any physical activity but he doesn't understand. I have been walking at least 3 times a week with Ashton. I am so tired and pukey that it isn't feasable in the early morning, and if I get home from work later than 4pm it is too dark. And there is this gross dead stray cat lying in the ditch next to my neighbor's house and I have to walk by it (and drive by it) every time I leave the house. And it stinks and makes me cry.
I googled "six weeks pregnant jeans tight" and I was promptly directed to several sites that women post messages on to allegedly help other women get through pregnancy. The first one i read is from Ambrgurl24 who writes "I am in my 18th week of pregnancy and I have lost 6 lbs! The doctor says the baby is progressing fine, I have just lost fat from my butt and hips!" bitch. And many others followed "I was in my preprego jeans until 5-6 mos" and "I never felt comfortable in my maternity clothes because I gained so little weight" etc... *sigh*
How much have I really gained? probably 1-2 lbs. But I FEEL so big.
At least it's not bathing suit season...

No comments: