Thursday, February 15, 2007

New Phone!

(originally posted 1/2/2007)
New Phone!


dammit again, i posted a blooooog and it timed out or some crap.

i will try to redo with the vehment excitement i had earlier:

i got a new phone and it is sweet.

T Mo Dash. Do it. So far, it is awesome simply because it gets service inside my home and is new. I will post in a few days and let you know if it is truly as awesome as it seems.

I switched over from the T Mo MDA, a (BETA!) windows based touchscreen smartphone. This phone mostly sucked. I logged no fewer than 60 hours on the phone with T Mo tech support since June just trying to get the damn thing to check my email! Problems with the MDA included:

1. difficult to set up
2. touchscreen wasn't accurate
3. operating system crashed (at the worst times possible... feckin' microsoft)
4. phone reception sucked
5. stylus was awkward and flimsy
6. phone was large, heavy, and bulky
7. dialing was a pain in the jugs on the touchscreen and it would
a) dial other calls when i was on the phone
b) put people on hold/hang up on them just by coming in contact with my face
8. only 32mb drive, BUT you could buy additional memory storage (which I was told i would have to do if I wanted the thing to work properly!)
9. super slow applications (due to lack of sufficient memory)

I wouldn't reccommend this phone to anyone. It didn't mostly suck, it totally sucked.

The new phone, The Dash is the marriage of the MDA and its slightly less apt counterpart the SDA. I have been told that the op system is far more efficient on this bad boy (though still windows). It is much easier to hold, no freakin touchscreen (yay!), 64mb drive, full qwerty keyboard, more efficient menus, etc, etc, etc. I will let you know how well I like this guy, right now, I think it's tops!

Here's a picture of the new one:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=43598495&imageID=1654772135

No comments: